Plex for Android v184.108.40.206 – Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your Android phone or tablet from your home computer running Plex Media Server (available for free at http://www.plexapp.com).
– Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
– Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
– Easily share your media with friends and family.
– Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast (Plex Pass)
– Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
– Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
– Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
– Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
★★★ The Chromecast feature currently requires a PlexPass, but will be free for all after the preview period ★★★
– Chromecast support (early access for Plex Pass members)
– Massive improvements for remote controlling Plex players
– Add back ability to skip forward during video playback
– Big’ notifications for local audio playback, on devices which support it
– Fix crash when stopping video/music/photo player once connection to server has been lost
Size: 5.2 MB
Required: Android 1.6 and up