Spirit FM Unlocked v2014_04_02 – Spirit FM Radio is a real, tuned, “over the air” FM radio app. It is NOT a streaming app which requires expensive data plans and drains your battery.
PLEASE NOTE: I am still fixing bugs and adding some phone supports on this “Spirit1 Unlocked”. But new features and the bulk of my time are now focused on Spirit2, still in beta: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2537861
Satisfaction guaranteed or full refund. Cancel any time on request. To cancel, email firstname.lastname@example.org with at least your name, email of purchase, and/or order ID or email receipt.
If you’re an average phone user, & don’t know what Android “rooting” is, Spirit will likely not offer you much more than your stock FM app. If your phone does not have a stock FM app, it is unlikely that Spirit will work on it.
Spirit is mostly for Android enthusiasts who “root” & “ROM” their phones. But it also works on many stock, “store bought” phones.
Spirit Unlocked includes (in addition to Spirit Free features):
– Digital audio features on a few devices: supported ONLY on: ROOTED (non-stock !) International Galaxy S/S2/S3/Note/Note2/Player, ROOTED (non-stock !) HTC One/OneXL/OneS/Evo 4G LTE/Xperia T and most stock Sony 2012-2013 devices.
Digital audio features are no longer described here because WAY too many people think they will work on stock, un-rooted phones.
– RDS data display in App, Lock-screen & Notification window. RT, PS, PTY, PI & AF RadioText RT, Program Service PS, Program Type PTY, Program ID PI & Alternate Frequency AF.
– Lock-screen & Wired Headset Media Button support for mute, preset, seek, volume & record.
– Many settings: Audio, UI, AF, Digital & Debug categories.
– Unlimited Presets & Preset Lists.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31983089
I understand the price may seem high, but this is a niche app with 9,000 hours of work required over 2.7 years. How many other “Real FM Radio” apps are on Google Play ? Almost none.
Why ? Because Android FM is extremely difficult. Google doesn’t support FM radio and carriers suppress it. Intensive reverse engineering is required. In the over 2 years since Spirit was first created, nobody else has been “crazy” enough to attempt to compete in this niche.
Spirit is not a throwaway game app you play for a few days. How many hours will you spend listening to FM radio in the next several years ?
How much can you save on data plans by listening to free, over the air radio versus streaming ?
– Mar 10 beta: LG G2 improved.
– Feb 28 beta: Qualcomm PI & PT fix. MotoG digital audio default. Broadcom Bluedroid shim install.
– Feb 27 beta: GT-N7100 volume/balance fix, device detections.
– Feb 14: LG G2 improvements.
– Jan 15: LG G2 support on CM/stock, MotoG adjustments.
– Jan 10: OmniROM detection and Audio workaround for Jan6+ i9300/n7100 Omni bug.
Size: 1.1 MB
Required: Android 2.1 and up